Cellar Door Winter Hours - Closed Tuesdays

2020 F-SERIES Old Vine Riesling.

F-Series

2022 F-SERIES Old Vine Riesling

FG icon

750ml

Regular price $59.99

 

The 2022 season was not with challenges without significant rain events leading into harvest. Careful fruit selection was required from various sites on the estate ranging in vine age of 26-42 years which is all under organic management. The soils here are made up of fist sized greywacke stones (a hard, dark type of sandstone streaked with quartz and feldspar) mixed alluvial gravel and silts. Vineyard practice for this wine is geared to produce ripe grapes that have had maximum “hang time” on the vine to develop concentrated and vivid flavours. Fruit was all hand harvested prior to any significant botrytis infection. (85%) was immediately whole bunch pressed to tank, settled for 6hrs and then run to Acacia barrel for spontaneous fermentation. The remainder (15%) was destemmed and went through partial fermentation on skins prior to being pressed off to ceramic jars to complete ferment. The various components were then left un-sulfured on full ferment lees for 10 months before being blended and bottled.


2797 bottles made!


Framingham Tasting notes

2022 Tasting Notes

Wine Accolades Noble Riesling

Wine Accolades

Previous Vintages

 2021 |  2020 |   2019 |  2018 |  2017



 

Customer Reviews

Based on 4 reviews
75%
(3)
25%
(1)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
P
Paul Morrison
Beautifully complex Riesling

Loved this wine. Opens beautifully as comes towards room temperature. Enjoy with cheese or as I own it own.

P
Pete Rodger
Masterful blending!

Such integration and depth of flavour that it's a bit like a bottle-aged Riesling but without the long wait. Masterful blending! What's not to like?

C
Cathy Wellington
Old Vine Riesling Deliciousness

Couldn't wait to open up the 2022 Old Vine Riesling and enjoy it with friends. All were impressed, even those who are not typically Riesling fans

M
Melinda Helveston

We really enjoyed our visit to your beautiful winery. The wine was very good and the food was beautifully presented and good too! The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. We can't wait to receive the wine we ordered.